Thursday, March 18, 2010

Resurection Life

As we approach Easter, let us think about what Christ resurrection has accomplished for us. Through His resurrection, Christ not only conquered death for us to seal our redemption and eternity with Him, but also made the way for us to live in resurrection power today.

Jesus said: “I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. ----When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come. He will glorify Me, for He will take of what is Mine and declare it to you.” John 16:7, 13-15

"Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believes in Me, the works that I do he will do also; and greater works than these he will do, because I go to My Father. And whatever you ask in My name, that I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything in My name, I will do it.”
John 14:12-14

Questions for meditation:

According to these Scriptures, what did Jesus’ resurrection accomplish for us?

How was the Spirit manifested in the life of Christ?

How was the Spirit manifested in the early church?

How is the Spirit manifested in my life?

How can the life of the Spirit be more apparent in me?

In Exodus 33:15-16, Moses makes a profound statement about Israel entering into the Promised Land. "If Your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?”

The awesome thing about the resurrection is that now the manifest presence of God dwells in us by the Holy Spirit. And it is only the manifest presence of the Spirit that distinguishes you and me from all the people on the face of the earth. This Easter season let us rejoice in the redemptive work of Christ for us that allows the life-transforming, resurrection power of the Spirit to dwell in us.

Andy Clark
Associate Director
World Horizons US Office
www.worldhorizonsusa.org

No comments:

Post a Comment